Limitation and Weaknesses of 10.2

User avatar
SteveHopwood
Owner
Posts: 9904
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:43 am
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Re: Limitation and Weaknesses of 10.2

Post by SteveHopwood »

kelisa wrote:One point about weakness is, when price start to range, there is no trade from 10.2. You have to go down to LTF to trade high low ranges or off TMA bands.
Actually, there is.

I have made loads of pips from trading the cross/rejection of the weekly pivot when D1 Slope is ranging. I don't fight both the D1 and H4 Slope, so I take the trade in the direction of H4 Slope when D1 is ranging.

I might just have been lucky because I have not been checking woh, monthly pivot etc. Just saying what I have made pips out of since coming across 10.2

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. pianodoodler@hotmail.com is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
User avatar
AZJeff
Trader
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:03 am

Re: Limitation and Weaknesses of 10.2

Post by AZJeff »

SteveHopwood wrote:
kelisa wrote:One point about weakness is, when price start to range, there is no trade from 10.2. You have to go down to LTF to trade high low ranges or off TMA bands.
Actually, there is.

I have made loads of pips from trading the cross/rejection of the weekly pivot when D1 Slope is ranging. I don't fight both the D1 and H4 Slope, so I take the trade in the direction of H4 Slope when D1 is ranging.

I might just have been lucky because I have not been checking woh, monthly pivot etc. Just saying what I have made pips out of since coming across 10.2

:D
Steve, This is my weakness lol.

Regards,
Jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
SteveHopwood
Owner
Posts: 9904
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:43 am
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Re: Limitation and Weaknesses of 10.2

Post by SteveHopwood »

AZJeff wrote:
SteveHopwood wrote:
kelisa wrote:One point about weakness is, when price start to range, there is no trade from 10.2. You have to go down to LTF to trade high low ranges or off TMA bands.
Actually, there is.

I have made loads of pips from trading the cross/rejection of the weekly pivot when D1 Slope is ranging. I don't fight both the D1 and H4 Slope, so I take the trade in the direction of H4 Slope when D1 is ranging.

I might just have been lucky because I have not been checking woh, monthly pivot etc. Just saying what I have made pips out of since coming across 10.2

:D
Steve, This is my weakness lol.

Regards,
Jeff
I bet they are Jeff. Sadly, I am old enough to be their grandad. Hey ho. :lol:

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. pianodoodler@hotmail.com is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
nonlinear
Trader
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Limitation and Weaknesses of 10.2

Post by nonlinear »

I am not sold on this system on the pure daily., i.e, trading based on the daily signals alone. I think this system works best when trading a lower time frame in conjunction with signals from the upper and the lower time frame signals (e.g., use the daily and the 4H signals to trade the 4H or lower). With this system, the 4H follows the big money, fundamental moves, which gives a high probabilty of positive trades. Sigh, exits are another story....
nonlinear
Trader
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Limitation and Weaknesses of 10.2

Post by nonlinear »

AzJeff, I am with you on that one, err two
User avatar
nanningbob
Trader
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: Limitation and Weaknesses of 10.2

Post by nanningbob »

AZJeff wrote:
SteveHopwood wrote:
kelisa wrote:One point about weakness is, when price start to range, there is no trade from 10.2. You have to go down to LTF to trade high low ranges or off TMA bands.
Actually, there is.

I have made loads of pips from trading the cross/rejection of the weekly pivot when D1 Slope is ranging. I don't fight both the D1 and H4 Slope, so I take the trade in the direction of H4 Slope when D1 is ranging.

I might just have been lucky because I have not been checking woh, monthly pivot etc. Just saying what I have made pips out of since coming across 10.2

:D
Steve, This is my weakness lol.

Regards,
Jeff

Hey those are my daughters!!!! What are you doing while I am hiding here in China?????????
I trade http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3964,
I talk about my philosophy of trading here.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3627
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
kelisa
Trader
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:51 am

Re: Limitation and Weaknesses of 10.2

Post by kelisa »

As of now, the "weakness" has been downloaded 72 times. I hope those curves remind us of market fluctuations, volatility and demand and supply zones.
If your strategy is working well, dont be GREEDY and change it!
User avatar
AZJeff
Trader
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:03 am

Re: Limitation and Weaknesses of 10.2

Post by AZJeff »

Hey those are my daughters!!!! What are you doing while I am hiding here in China?????????[/quote]

Hmm, I am just trying to trade currency pairs but sometimes I lose my concentration. lol

Regards,
Jeff
Armen

Re: Limitation and Weaknesses of 10.2

Post by Armen »

kelisa wrote:As of now, the "weakness" has been downloaded 72 times. I hope those curves remind us of market fluctuations, volatility and demand and supply zones.
N'nnn~ooo Kelisa. I think just the opposite. When successful, market fluctuations, volatility and demand and supply zones remind us of those adorable curves. :D
kelisa
Trader
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:51 am

Re: Limitation and Weaknesses of 10.2

Post by kelisa »

Armen wrote:
kelisa wrote:As of now, the "weakness" has been downloaded 72 times. I hope those curves remind us of market fluctuations, volatility and demand and supply zones.
N'nnn~ooo Kelisa. I think just the opposite. When successful, market fluctuations, volatility and demand and supply zones remind us of those adorable curves. :D
Amen to that! :lol:
If your strategy is working well, dont be GREEDY and change it!
Post Reply

Return to “Nanningbob 10.x”