Request for Automation: Simple EA

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
beorne
Trader

Post by beorne »

Hi guys,

I just came across this in Myfxbook:
http://www.myfxbook.com/community/tradi ... y/780807,1

It seems interesting and simple enough to code, using 3 indicators and clear, simple rules:
Indicators:
Triple MA, Williams % Range, OsMA

Buy Signal:
If price action breaks above the blue solid moving average line; and
Williams % Range moves above the –20 line; and
OsMA moves above the zero line.

Buy Exit Signal:
If price action breaks below the red dotted moving average line.

Sell Signal:
If price action breaks below the blue solid moving average line; and
Williams % Range moves below the –80 line; and
OsMA moves below the zero line.

Sell Exit Signal:
If price action breaks above the green dotted moving average line.
Look at the screenshot for more info.

I'd love to give it a spin if anyone is interested in coding it.

Thanks,

b.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I will code this if you can get in touch with Gary and find out what his indi inputs are - tell him we will make sure he gets a copy of the EA.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Elixe
Trader

Post by Elixe »

As far I can see he his using, on H4 :

%R (18)
OSMA (18,36,9)
And 3 SMA (18) applied to Median Price, High and Low
:D
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Elixe » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:28 am wrote:As far I can see he his using, on H4 :

And 3 SMA (18) applied to Median Price, High and Low
Don't understand this - are these two moving averages?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I cannot make my chart look like his, so I would need a template.

Elixe
Trader

Post by Elixe »

Sorry, was probably not clear with thoses MA :D

That's 3 different MA with 18 period, Simple mode, applied respectively to median, high and low

Here is a template with thoses indis, also attached is the OsMA if you don't have it.

How it looks with the template :
usdjpyh4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:D
scheinwerfer
Trader

Post by scheinwerfer »

Isn't Osma just a duplication? Every time price crosses the blue MA, Osma crosses its zero line because the same period of MA is used.
beorne
Trader

Post by beorne »

I dropped Gary a message over at myfxbook.com

Let's see if he drops by.

b.
myfxpt

Post by myfxpt »

Hello everyone!

My name is Gary. I am here after receiving feedback from "beorne" at Myfxbook (hi beorne!) regarding My Simple Strategy.

Just to clarify my settings:

1. Time Frame: H4
2. Triple MA: All 18 period applied to High, Low, and Median (High + Low / 2) prices
3. Williams % Range: 18 period
4. OsMA: 18, 36, 9

I see that you know my trading rules already so no need to repeat here.

This is a very simple strategy indeed, which makes it easy for newcomer and seasoned trader alike to absorb and apply. It is, as suggested by beorne, easy to program as an EA (I already use an EA to manage my trailing stop), but you ought to be aware that I also use personal judgement and human intuition as part of the trade confirmation process. For example, I am on the lookout for things like divergences before entering a trade, and this is difficult to program because it is subjective in nature. Perhaps an EA with Auto / Manual order confirmation might be more suitable?

Results to date are working for me, and that is why I posted the strategy on Myfxbook using a demo account with a $100 starting balance...just wanted to show that it is possible to start small, and yet find success. You can view my results to date here:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/myfxpt/ ... egy/945712

If you find success with my strategy, perhaps you would consider opening a live account with Cashback Forex? I am an affiliate, and I am building my personal client list:

http://www.cashbackforex.com/en-us/home.aspx#aid_34575

Any questions, just ask!

Cheers,
Gary
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

myfxpt » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:04 pm wrote:Hello everyone!

My name is Gary. I am here after receiving feedback from "beorne" at Myfxbook (hi beorne!) regarding My Simple Strategy.

Just to clarify my settings:

1. Time Frame: H4
2. Triple MA: All 18 period applied to High, Low, and Median (High + Low / 2) prices
3. Williams % Range: 18 period
4. OsMA: 18, 36, 9

I see that you know my trading rules already so no need to repeat here.

This is a very simple strategy indeed, which makes it easy for newcomer and seasoned trader alike to absorb and apply. It is, as suggested by beorne, easy to program as an EA (I already use an EA to manage my trailing stop), but you ought to be aware that I also use personal judgement and human intuition as part of the trade confirmation process. For example, I am on the lookout for things like divergences before entering a trade, and this is difficult to program because it is subjective in nature. Perhaps an EA with Auto / Manual order confirmation might be more suitable?

Results to date are working for me, and that is why I posted the strategy on Myfxbook using a demo account with a $100 starting balance...just wanted to show that it is possible to start small, and yet find success. You can view my results to date here:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/myfxpt/ ... egy/945712

If you find success with my strategy, perhaps you would consider opening a live account with Cashback Forex? I am an affiliate, and I am building my personal client list:

http://www.cashbackforex.com/en-us/home.aspx#aid_34575

Any questions, just ask!

Cheers,
Gary
Welcome Gary. Great to see you here. Sorry about the requirement that your first post be subject to moderation - this forum is under constant attack from spammers. You are able to post freely now.

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”