Sorry if there is already a thread about this or i am in the wrong forum / subforum.
And sorry if this a newb question.
I am trying to visually backtest the stochastic indicator in the strategy tester of Empty4.
I am using the indicator from the original thread.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3549
Now my problem is, that the daily (gold line) and weekly (red line) stochastic wont move.
There are always on the bottom.
The STO7 (blue line) however moves perfectly.
For backtesting I am using a method from the FF forum
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=60849
The only indicator on my chart is 10.7_3.23STO_wTS_ HT ALERT
My chart is set on H1 and i am backtesting over a period of 5 months so there is enough room for movement.
I ve tried to counter the problem by writing a simple indicator.
extern int K_period_HT = 2;
extern int D_period_HT = 1;
extern int S_period_HT = 1;
extern int STOCH_MAIN_Price_HT=1;
extern int STOCH_MAIN_Ma_HT=0;double DailySTOCH = iStochastic(symbol,PERIOD_D1,K_period_HT,D_period_HT,S_period_HT,STOCH_MAIN_Ma_HT,STOCH_MAIN_Price_HT,MODE_MAIN,0);
double WeeklySTOCH = iStochastic(symbol,PERIOD_W1,K_period_HT,D_period_HT,S_period_HT,STOCH_MAIN_Ma_HT,STOCH_MAIN_Price_HT,MODE_MAIN,0);
string trend;
if (DailySTOCH == 100 && WeeklySTOCH == 100)
{ trend = "Up"; }
else if (DailySTOCH == 0 && WeeklySTOCH == 0)
{ trend = "Down"; }
else
{ trend = "Range"; }Same problem with this code.
Trend is always "Down" since weekly and daily stochastic wont move in backtesting.
Does anyone has an idea for visually backtesting these 3 stochastics?
Please share your thoughts and correctments.
Thanks in advance.