Hi,
Discovered something strang happening but don't really know how to resolve unless I reboot Empty4 on VPS...
Problem...
1. no.s of Pending and active orders allowed limit reached...
2. I try to disable bot to stop trading...
3. notification box still pops up, but this time with message see in screenshot...
4. Opened up Terminal > Expert and see with message as seen in screenshot...
I assume pending order was sent, it got refused and bot still thinks it exists after sending the pending order... maybe the bot needs to check whether the pending order has been filled before storing it into it's memory for managing that trader?
pendinglimit-botoff.jpg
Some insights I discovered:
1. Trading the lower timeframes increases the chance of pending trades being triggered if conditions are met by HGI and relevant filters...
2. This increases the chance of more pending orders being sent
4. This increases the chance of your pending and active orders limit set by your broker...
5. thus you'll reach a point where orders are sent buy your bots, doesn't get filled, and notification box keeps popping up...
probable solution(s) maybe...
1. As you trade lower TF you may need to trade fewer currency pairs or etc...
2. or have a filter to check how many currencies are actively trading and be able to set a limit on it: say you have 4 active currencies being trading, you set your limit to 5, and HGI triggers two more currencies, only the first of the two gets triggered 4+1=5 and the other doesn't, this will then give enough breathing room for bot to trigger pending trade orders when it needs too...
Also you use more margin as sell/buy orders get triggered, with some brokers you use halve the margin required when evenly hedged (balanced sell and buy active orders compared to unhedge, it use to be zero for me but they changed policy)... also risk of DD is much higher when trading more currencies, thus eating up your available equity - this could then affect your pending orders due to lack of available margin... options you have is to use lower lot sizes, trade fewer currencies and/or increase the leverage of your account to someone like 400:1 (within risk your risk tolerance) but that may come with higher risk of loss and you probably pay a bit more in swap because you are relatively borrowing more if trades are left overnight...
I find that I could probably trade at Higher TF (i.e. H4+) with more currency pairs as the HGBnB bot with 34EMA (or any other trend direction filter) trades more conservatively and doesn't trigger off a lot of pending orders... but the return on pips are probably lower than you would get at at lower TF, unless maybe I start tweaking Money Management (MM) variables... but the returns in pips are still consistant more or less consistant at this stage, so I could probably increase lot size instead of lowering TF buy reducing sizeofdollop per 0.01lot.
In Summary: IT''s ALL A BALANCING ACT! Trade to trade another day... and don't take unnecessary risk...
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.