Hopelessly confused by TDesk or Desky? Ask here.

RMSSC
Trader

Post by RMSSC »

Good evening everyone,
I need a charitable soul to help me, I don't want to abuse the intelligence of the members of this forum.
Technically my English is not the best and although. :oops:
I have read the manual several times I do not find a way to parameterize something that will certainly be simple but basically I must be very stupid because I cannot reach my configuration goals.
How should I parameterize Desky to make a hard stop for TP and SL for individual trades in pips, just as is allowed on the moving day.

I'm sure I'm misinterpreting the manual (sorry about that), but I've been using "IndividualBasketTargetPips:"
For example I want a certain individual pair to reach 50 pips to close the trade
If it is not here, please where should I insert it?
If not here, then "IndividualBasketTargetPips" is the sum of pips of equal pairs?

Sorry again, but I'm confused.
Steve, you can call me stupid and stupid because I think I deserve it.
Cheers :hi:
RMSSC
Alexfirst
Trader

Post by Alexfirst »

RMSSC » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:27 am wrote:Good evening everyone,
I need a charitable soul to help me, I don't want to abuse the intelligence of the members of this forum.
I have read the manual several times I do not find a way to parameterize something that will certainly be simple but basically I must be very stupid because I cannot reach my configuration goals.
How should I parameterize Desky to make a hard stop for TP and SL for individual trades in pips, just as is allowed on the moving day.

I'm sure I'm misinterpreting the manual (sorry about that), but I've been using "IndividualBasketTargetPips:"
For example I want a certain individual pair to reach 50 pips to close the trade
If not here, then "IndividualBasketTargetPips" is the sum of pips of equal pairs?

RMSSC
Go to section “Trade exit strategies”
Enter “TakeProfitValue” for TP and “StopLossValue” for SL
In “SLTPCalcMode” choose “FixedPips”
Gitarrain

Post by Gitarrain »

Hi Everyone,

I have been a new people for several days in SHF, Here is a problem on TDesk Drone as below:

I add three indicators by USD to send signals to TDesk, but it get three signal columns that I donot want as below picture, how can I get rid of them or make them disable?

I have tried to change setting on USD indicator, but it still not work, I think it is a code problem, but it is too complicated for me,so hope someone can give me a favor.

Cheers,
Gitarrain
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RMSSC
Trader

Post by RMSSC »

Alexfirst » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:39 am wrote:

RMSSC
Thank you very much for your help, no doubt we have here a forum of exceptional people who are willing to help.
Health wishes for everyone at this difficult time that humanity is suffering. :hi:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

RMSSC » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:23 am wrote:
Alexfirst » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:39 am wrote:

RMSSC
Thank you very much for your help, no doubt we have here a forum of exceptional people who are willing to help.
Health wishes for everyone at this difficult time that humanity is suffering. :hi:
Just so you know, I would not have called you an idiot here.TDesk and Desky are not easy pieces of kit to understand. I set up this thread so that the likes of you could ask this kind of question without fear. Well done for posting it here. :clap:

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Gitarrain » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:16 am wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have been a new people for several days in SHF, Here is a problem on TDesk Drone as below:

I add three indicators by USD to send signals to TDesk, but it get three signal columns that I donot want as below picture, how can I get rid of them or make them disable?

I have tried to change setting on USD indicator, but it still not work, I think it is a code problem, but it is too complicated for me,so hope someone can give me a favor.

Cheers,
Gitarrain
Hi Gitarrain,

Hopefully I can help you with one bit of the puzzle with regards to the Hgi caller set. Ensure that you have filled in the fields as per my yellow highlight on TDesk.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RMSSC
Trader

Post by RMSSC »

Good evening,
I have at least eight demos working with Tdesk and desky, however in one of them I can't see the open trades and most pending trades on TDesk.
I think it will have to do with the magic number but I am very confused. In both experts the magic number is 0
Can the staff kindly explain to me what I am doing wrong?
Cheers
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Let me read the manual to you: "-1" means all.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
RMSSC
Trader

Post by RMSSC »

tomele » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:05 pm wrote:Let me read the manual to you: "-1" means all.
Thank you Thomas, the answer says it all, I have a lot to learn about these wonderful tools and that leads me to say that i only know that I know nothing, but with precision I get there, I am not a person to give up anything. :arrrg:
Reading and rereading is the solution.
seanb
Trader

Post by seanb »

This is my first question in this group. I can't get the Trade Advise data for TP & SL to work. I've tried downloading the tick data and it still doesn't help. Anything you can suggest for me here?

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”